Memorial weekend is just a couple weeks away to ring in summer fun and adventures. If summer means a week on the open road with your family in an RV, then it’s time to start de-winterizing your RV in preparation.
Save time and frustration while on your summer vacation by following steps for de-winterizing your RV
- Remove furnace and refrigerator vent covers
- Fully charge batteries if you removed them when winterizing
- Flush out the plumbing with fresh water to remove antifreeze
- Test brake lights and turn signals
- Check that the tires are at their proper inflation
- Use soapy water to check that propane tank connections are tight
- Clean off and re-lubricate the hitch on camper trailers and 5th wheel trailers
- Give a thorough inspection that there are no leaks that could allow bugs, mice, or water through.
- Test furnace and hot water heater that they are functioning normally
- Inspect the chassis, use grease as needed. Repack wheel bearings as needed
Have other tips for de-winterizing your RV? Please share in the comments below.