When storing a passenger vehicle for 3 months, 6 months or longer, these tips will help you maintain the condition of your vehicle for when you take it out of storage.
1. Top off the gas tank – this will prevent water condensation in the gas tank
2. Prevent flat spots on the tires – either slightly deflate the tires and raise the vehicle off the ground with two sets of jacks, or overinflate the tires by 10 psi
3. Prevent battery from draining – either remove the battery or attach a trickle charger
4. Have your vehicle serviced – changing the oil and topping off fluids
5. Prevent exterior wear when storing outdoors – give your car a wash, consider having it waxed, and cover your vehicle with a thick car cover or tarp to protect your vehicle from the elements
Do you need to store a vehicle, and are located in Colorado? Our outdoor storage facility, located in Fort Lupton Colorado, accommodates personal and commercial storage needs. Give us a call for a customized bid for the amount of space and duration you need to store your vehicle.